Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Natural Beauty Products-Yay or Nay?

Natural Beauty Products-Yay or Nay?

Spoiler alert: mostly yay. 


A few weeks ago, I got some new beauty products from Whole Paycheck. I go back and forth on what products I use on my face and body, and I try to use natural products as often as possible. Of the three items that I got, I love the jasmine skin oil and the sensitive facial cleanser, but the Zuzu lipgloss is a miss. 

The body oil smells incredible (if you like jasmine) and softens your skin like no lotion will. I love using it after a shower or bath, but if your skin is really dry, you could always put it in the water of a bath or put it on your dry spots before showering. 

The facial cleanser is akin to a Cetaphil or other gentle cleanser without parabens, sulfates, etc. It doesn't smell at all and is very, very gentle. I have incredibly sensitive skin, and it's gentle enough for my skin. It takes off makeup, though, so I do know that it is doing a good job of cleaning. 

I wanted to like the lipgloss since it seems best to use lip products that are less toxic since you end up consuming them. But, it doesn't stay on. The color starts off very bright (almost too red) and then quickly fades to a sort of cherry chapstick look. Not recommended. 

Do you have any favorite natural products you swear by? I'd love to know!

No comments:

Post a Comment