Friday, February 21, 2014

My Future Pixie Cut

My Future Pixie Cut

As my dear friend Erika would say "since I know you're all sitting on the edge of your seats..." Well, maybe you're not, but what I'm thinking about today is cutting my hair very short! It hasn't been pixie length for many years, and I'm ready for the ease of it.

So, since it's Friday and who doesn't like to look at pretty pictures on Fridays, here are some of my inspiration photos! I've realized that with my fine hair, I need to be careful with not fantasizing about short cuts for women with thick hair. I've also learned that I like either blonde (too much work) or very dark (more do-able) pixie cuts. What about you? What are your lessons learned about your own hair?

This is the perfect back, I think. Not too shaved, just enough movement. It's hard to achieve, though, since it stays this length for such a short period of time!

 This back is a bit longer, but also a good shape.


My fine hair will look more like this in the front, I think.

 Love this. Love her!



Want to see more hairstyles that I love or get the links to today's images? Visit one of my most popular Pinterest boards here.

8 comments:

  1. Thank you for this - as someone with short fine hair, who needs inspiration, following this board will be great!

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! The fine hair thing can really throw you off, right? So many cuts require that thick hair.

      Delete
  2. My hair is very thick. I cut it short three years ago...while cute, it just wasn't me. My hair behaves better at midl length. That said, I love pixie cuts! I think they are cute and fresh. Smart to realize your hair's strengths and limitations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You, too! It's so interesting how different hair responds to the same cut.

      Delete
  3. I was just going to contact you and see if you are still thinking of coming to DFW in April. I am going to get a super short haircut (like the second picture you showed) next Saturday! I have mid-back curly hair, and it is SO MUCH WORK! I have 5 boys and just don't have time for it. I'm nervous but excited!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love my pixie cut and go between a longer and shorter version. So easy to care for and style, and it always looks put together :) Cannot wait to see yours!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love yours, too! I used to have a pixie in college, and I'm really looking forward to warm weather and short hair again!!

      Delete