Thursday, August 7, 2014

Fall Finds, Mother-of-the-Bride/Groom Fashion, Maternity Style that Doesn't Suck, and All Black, All the Time

Fall Finds, Mother-of-the-Bride/Groom Fashion, Maternity Style that Doesn't Suck, and All Black, All the Time

Boy-oh-boy does food poisoning suck the life out of you! My sister visited from Sunday night to Wednesday, and the first day and a half of her visit were fabulous. We shopped, we breakfasted, we giggled and talked in sister code, and then...and then....we ate thai food. And it all went to Hell in a hand basket.

On nearly the other side of it all, I'm easing back into the online world with some good old fashioned pinning! I have a few Pinterest boards that I've been adding to lately that I want to share with you! I have to say, the whole "back to school" thing really bums me out. I love summer above all other seasons, and I tend to get a little blue in the fall. This year, I'm trying to combat that by getting excited about fall fashion. Here is a sneak peek of my Fall Finds board, which I'll continue to update with pieces you might already own or want to buy and images that have me inspired for fall.


Via
















































I love the moody florals in this jacket and, of course, her hair.


Via
Via

I love these bronze shoes for fall! What a fun way to bring the bronze home trend to your feet!

Another board I'm enjoying populating is on Bridesmaids Dresses.Specifically, on bridesmaids dresses that aren't super expensive. My feeling is that no one few people will ever wear a bridesmaids dress again so they shouldn't be very expensive. I'm rounding up ideas for the brides who are planning winter and spring weddings now.

Via











In tandem with the bridesmaids, I've also started a board for Mother of the Bride/Groom Choices You'll Actually Want to Wear. I've had lots of client questions about this in the past, and I understand the questions! It's hard to strike a balance in an outfit that's elegant but not dowdy. I know many women want to cover their arms, too, whether they prefer it or are thinking about modesty in a religious setting. I still need to fill this board out, but I'm on to some great ideas for dresses and cover ups, too! Like this beauty from Anthro!

Via



































And speaking of style that you'll actually want to wear, I have a new board. It's been a long time coming for me because, as you know, maternity style is a bittersweet topic for me. But, I have lots of ideas on how to dress for those 9+ months so that you'll actually feel like yourself-or, better yet, the best version of yourself! My Maternity Style: Bump It, Bump It Real Good board is a must-share for pregnant friends-and I've included some great shower gifts, too!

Both via

And, last but not least, my I'll Stop Wearing Black When They Invent A Darker Color board. Months ago, I removed all of my black clothing from my closet for a period of a few months to force myself to wear more color. I have to say, it's back, and in a big way. I love all black, and I love black and white. This board is an homage to black, and it will get you in the fall fashion mood fast.



Oh-and I bought the dress above so I'll be posting pictures of how I intend to wear it (to Vegas and a wedding!) once it arrives!


No comments:

Post a Comment