Monday, August 11, 2014

Monday Roundup: Contouring Basics, Ideas for Kids to Play in Your Yard, Incredible Sandals, and a Sibling Gift for a New Baby

Monday Roundup: Contouring Basics, Ideas for Kids to Play in Your Yard, Incredible Sandals, and a Sibling Gift for a New Baby

Happy Monday! How was your weekend? I took it easy after last week's disgusting bout with food poisoning, which meant trips to the dog park and the farmer's market mixed with reading magazines and putting away laundry. I hope you had a great weekend that was just what you needed!

I'm excited to share an eclectic grouping of favorite posts from last week. First up, makeup!

You see, contouring with makeup is one of those things that I am sometimes interested in doing but then decide that it's too much work or looks too made up. So I thought this post on Contouring Basics on A Beautiful Mess about simple contouring using 3 shades of concealer was worth a look! It seems like something most of us could do with what we already have at home or after a quick Target trip. I wouldn't spend this much time every day, but for a special event like attending a wedding these are some great tips. This is a "during" shot, by the way!





I loved The Mom Edit's tips on what to stock up on for kids to play in your yard. Whenever we have kids visit our house, I feel badly because we have lots of dog toys but no real kid toys. This made me think about how to have a fun yard for visiting kids with things we already have!


 
I love Sincerely Jules edgy style, and last week one thing about her outfit caught my eye. These sandals!


They're classic, look comfortable, and embrace the summer's trends but could also move into fall. But, they cost $250-and they're also sold out here and here in black and here in sand and even on eBay, too. These paloma flats are closed-toe but are a pretty great (and less expensive) take on the same feeling, and these bright orange guys are also fun for a more bold look. 

And last, I think this little apron would be such a sweet gift for a small child. Maybe even for a big sibling gift when there's going to be a new baby in the house!



No comments:

Post a Comment