Wednesday, November 26, 2014

(More) Natural Beauty Buys

(More) Natural Beauty Buys

One of my recent goals has been to clear out my house, to get rid of stuff that just isn't serving me in my best version of myself. This includes makeup. I love makeup, and I'm not interested in letting it go, but I do know that I could be using products that are more healthy for me. I cringe at the thought that everything I put on my face is absorbed by my skin when I read some of the labels of my products.

So I've made a few switches (healthier face wash, sweet almond oil for makeup remover, coconut oil for moisturizer along with lots of Burt's Bees products, etc.) lately that are very easy to have made. Then came the makeup, and I've been resisting change, frankly. When I think of less toxic makeup, I think of sad, beige products that don't work that are sold at health food stores. Having grown up basically in a health food store, I resist.

Boy was I wrong. I've slowly been trying out products, and I have hit on a winner!



I've been really curious about Tarte products. A few weeks ago I went to Sephora to try to get some undereye concealer (story of my life), and that went awry. But! I recently read about Tarte's lip stain on The Mom Edit, and I was intrigued by the Lively color. I love a bright lip that lasts all day!

So I grabbed one, and it's great. I really love it. None of the weird taste that some lipsticks can give, no gluten, no nastiness, and great color in a velvety finish. I'm sold. You should get one.

Also, I've been a fan of the 4 and 5 free nail polish for awhile, and OPI has a really gorgeous shade called All Sparkly and Gold out right now for the holidays. It's sparkly, but it's not over-the-top. In other words, I'm wearing it to work for this short work week, and I don't feel like a middle schooler.


What about you-do you have any beauty products on the more natural spectrum that you love? I'm all ears!

Have a very happy Thanksgiving! I'll be on vacation for a few days. See you in December!

No comments:

Post a Comment