Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Girl From the North Country: Inside My Fall and Winter Closet

Girl From the North Country: Inside My Fall and Winter Closet

What I realized in putting away summer clothes and switching closets is that I can sum up my fall/winter clothing into the following categories:

  • red-based long sleeved plaid button downs
  • navy blue and white polka dot blouses
  • black and white striped shirts or sweaters
  • gray sweaters
  • gray, white or black t-shirts, v neck
  • blue-based blazers
  • neutral blazers
  • black trousers
  • jeans, dark wash
  • black dresses
  • striped jersey or knit pencil skirts
  • skinny pants in solid colors
There are one or two things that don't fit into these categories, but really very few. Those that are unusual still tend to fit into a pattern (cardigan? Oh yes, it's black and white polka dots. Sweater material vest? Black and white Navajo print). 

And you know what? I'm loving my clothing lately. I know what I want to wear, and I have it. And now it's organized. This, my friends, is a good feeling. I always tell my clients "you should be able to fall into your closet in the morning and anything you grab will fit and feel like your best version of yourself." I also strongly believe that it's better to have fewer things that you love than lots of things that you feel so-so about or worse. I'm really excited about this pared down version of my closet, and I'm so glad that I donated so much clothing and put my summer duds far away from it! 

If you're curious/worried about my lack of color, my summer clothes have much more of it, and I tend to make up for it with scarves, bright lipstick, and accessories. What can I say? I love neutrals. 

2 comments:

  1. Pretty closet...I'm jealous...you don't have to share!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope! I have the smallest one in the house, but it's all mine!

      Delete