Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Try This: A Fresh Way to Wear a Scarf

Try This: A Fresh Way to Wear a Scarf



Last week, I met up with a dear client for a second round on her closet. Sharen and I had worked together when she had a newborn baby, and she wanted me to refresh her style now that she's back into her regular clothes-and started working again on a new venture! I can't wait to tell you more about it. 

One of my favorite looks that I put together for her is the belted scarf you see above. Sharen has this great, flowy-backed, cropped-front shirt that put the look over the edge, but it also works really well with a more simple shirt underneath. 

Here's the idea and lots of visual inspiration for you. 

Take a wide scarf in any thickness, color, or pattern. Choose a wide or thin belt in a solid color, and belt the scarf as though it were a shrug or a vest or however you'd like to think of this piece of clothing that we're inventing. Let me show you what I mean.





It's like this adorable sweater, but with a scarf!





I love this look because it works on all figures and for all ages. It can be casual and cool or professional, too. I can't think of any wide scarf this wouldn't work with, and I'd encourage you to try it with thick and thin scarves until you get a feel for what you like best! Happy scarfing! Find all today's links here.

No comments:

Post a Comment