Monday, January 5, 2015

Resolutions 2015: What Will You Promise Yourself?

Resolutions 2015: What Will You Promise Yourself?



Last year, I made three resolutions. You can read them hereHow funny since this year we did host a New Year's Day party! And how did I do with the resolutions? 
     1. Do yoga went ok. I found that I don't love yoga as much as I want to love it, and I got thrown off by back problems. 
     2. Work hard. I'm not sure why this was my resolution since I tend to really work hard, maybe too hard, but I think it was about focusing on my career. I have moved around a bit in my job since then, and I did some kickass work so I'll say success! 
     3. Say yes to possibilities. This was a real guiding star for me this year, as I said yes and yes. Sometimes I'd think should I do this? And I'd come back to "say yes to possibilities." This is my inspiration for cutting back to just one resolution this year.

I'm so curious since it seems like lots of people don't anymore, but do you make resolutions at this time of year? Are they multiple, singular, long, short? What have you found works for you? Are you changing anything up this year? I've noticed a bunch of people do a word of the year, and I like that idea. I've found what works best for me, this time of year or anytime, is a short, directive phrase. I like goals like "Play more" or "Say yes." When I'm deciding between doing something or not, I run it through my goal/resolution. 

For January 2015, I'm keeping it simple-Put Your Shoulders Down. I've noticed that I hold my breath a lot, and I think this simple thing could help me to breathe, to relax, and to keep perspective during those times when my shoulders end up up by my ears. 

I'd love to know what you're promising yourself-I find this stuff so interesting! 

If I could make a resolution for my clients, it would be Talk Sweetly To Yourself. Yup, for every single client, of all ages, shapes, sizes, and stages of life. Just that.

4 comments:

  1. That's a great thing to remember! My shoulders are always up by my ears, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Juli! It's crazy how they find their way up there!

      Delete
  2. Hi Ella. Happy New Year. I had tried yoga a few times and found it made my back hurt. I tried Pilates at the end of last year and loved it! I found it was more about stretching and less about holding awkward poses. Might be worth giving it a try if you can find a class. Looking forward to what you're going to bring us in 2015.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year! My mom loves the Pilates reformer. I've had less success with pilates than it sounds like you have. Mostly I found that I wasn't keeping the best form, and it can do some damage if you're not! But could be good to return to it now that I have more core strength. Thanks for the idea! This week I tried a new barbell/step class, and that was actually great! It's fun-but scary-to try new classes!

      Delete