Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Blazers and Shorts for Summer

Blazers and Shorts for Summer

You know what look I really like lately? And I think it works for so many body types? Blazers and shorts! Yeah, I know, kind of an odd combination, but I think it really works for adult women who want to wear shorts but still feel a little bit covered up.

It's super easy to match up a neutral blazer (consider a suit coat!) and the same color shirt below. Here, she might even be wearing a tube or crop top you could find in a younger sister's (or daughter's) closet! 

Via

I love this look! The bright jacket, the tucked in shirt, and the simple jewelry are perfect.


Via

I like this look with a piece of clothing that could feel a little trampy by itself, like these leopard print shorts. Somehow with the military-inspired blazer they almost seem classic! 

Image via
I think this combination looks gorgeous with flats, sandals, Keds, Toms, and, yes, heels. You don't have to stick with heels, but if you do, chunkier ones are my favorite way to do it.

Via
Via
I love the idea of offsetting regular ol' jean shorts with a blazer and a killer necklace. So here are my take aways for you: choose a structured, preferably brightly colored, blazer. Top shorts that feel a bit casual-a print or jean work well. Wear neutral shoes in any height, and play with both simple or statement jewelry.



No comments:

Post a Comment