Friday, July 11, 2014

Dress Week: Favorite Frock Friday

Dress Week: Favorite Frock Friday

What a fun week! I hope you've liked playing along as we faux shopped our way through dresses! I find dresses to be the easiest, most chic thing to wear all summer long, and I've loved "playing dress up" with you all! Today is all about my favorite dresses out there regardless of print, style, or price point. These are dresses that make me stop and say "Ohhh..."

Structure + Sleevless

Boden, Boden, why are you so perfect? I can't think of a day that I wouldn't want to wear this dress to work! I'd wear it with shiny black pumps to work and bright, happy heels for play. 



Effortless Kaftan

I can't talk about incredible dresses without mentioning Free People. Let's wear this.
Wherever she is. In reality, I'd wear it over a swimsuit or add a nude slip. Add a large bucket bag and a straw hat and you're golden.


Blue & White + Show Stopping Pattern

This dress from Anthropologie makes me want to go on vacation-now. Here's a similar stunner if you prefer a different shoulder situation.I like how Anthro styled it with the simple sandals, but I think you could also dress it up for a summer wedding. Wrap a cotton scarf around your shoulders at night or in a church.


And this beauty really screams special occasion to me! I like the peep toes with it, actually, and I'd love to see a bright, patterned shoe with it, too.



Cutout Back + Stripes +B&W 

The Loft does it again. Love at first sight right here. I tried this dress on (in the wrong size, unfortunately), and I loved that my bra didn't show at all in the back! Very sexy and sweet at the same time. For summer, I'd pair it with simple thin hammered gold hoops and sandals.


Pockets + All Black + Ease=Perfection

Loft does it here again! This is an incredibly simple dress, which is why I love it. Yes, you can-and should-wear all black in the summer. Keep the rest of the outfit simple to really let the dress shine or use it as a canvas for a beautiful necklace or pair of earrings.



Happy Friday! I hope you find reason this weekend to pull a great dress out of your closet and wear it somewhere! We're heading to Annapolis for a day trip this Saturday, and I'm hoping we make it here for olives and a glass of white wine. Seems like the perfect excuse to wear a gorgeous dress!



1 comment:

  1. Loved the dress week! Thank you for all the ideas.
    Now, about Saturday...I looked at where you're going and I'm in! Lol. It sounds wonderful. What a pretty place.

    ReplyDelete