Monday, May 19, 2014

Favorite Fertility and Adoption Resources

Favorite Fertility and Adoption Resources 

In no particular order, here are some of the fertility and adoption resources that I have loved in the past three years. I do not think I would be where I am, physically and emotionally, without these books. Not paid to say so, just know that many of you are interested in the topic either for yourself or because a loved one is working hard to become a mom.

The Oh She Glows Cookbook
The Blender Girl
Keepers
Restoring Fertility
Making Babies
The Infertility Cure
Health Journeys Guided Meditations for Fertility
Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Twins
Heading Home with Your Newborn
Raising Twins: From Pregnancy to Preschool
LifeBooks 
Fully Fertile (I wrote a book review of it here)
Taking Charge of Your Fertility
The Whole Life Adoption Book
Twenty Things Adopted Kids Wished Their Parents Knew
20 Things Adoptive Parents Need 
Everything by Byron Katie
So many blog posts, including this one on the joy of being an adoptive mom, this one on giving-and not giving-advice, this one on what to say (and not say) to friends dealing with fertility challenges, and this one, written by my best friend, about her son's blissful birth.  Also, this is a great list of adoption blogs.   


The cookbooks are fertility friendly and also husband/partner who doesn't cook often friendly. The twin materials are because we almost adopted twins, not because you might have twins if you do fertility treatments (though you might!). The adoption books are some of the best that we read. If you have resources you've enjoyed, feel free to email me or comment below, and I'll update the list! Oh-and, of course, I'm not a doctor, and I'm not giving medical advice. But you knew that.

And one last thing: this video cracks me up every time. Surprising how many people say things like this, even before you adopt! It's good to keep a sense of humor. 










No comments:

Post a Comment