Monday, February 23, 2015

Jumpsuit Monday!

Jumpsuit Monday!

Lately I've been really excited about jumpsuits, which is actually what led to my realization that I needed better shoes last week. I have a few jumpsuits, and I really think I can wear at least one to work. 
Via

What I like about a jumpsuit is that it's like a dress: it's an all-in-one outfit. Whatever you call it (jumpsuit, jumper, one piece, romper), it's perfect. Put on one, and you're ready to go with very little fuss. It might seem counter-intuitive, but this is actually perfect for you tshirt-and-jeans women out there. Just like a tshirt and jeans feels easy to throw on, so will a jumpsuit. 

Bear with me.

Via
This might be the perfect jumpsuit. I'd wear it with flats with a little point if I had them. Also good with wedges and sandals. Basically, she looks like she's wearing a great pair of pants and a shirt, but it's so much cooler than that. This red one was amazing, too, but it sold out. As did this gorgeous printed top one, but I'm including it because you need to replicate it if you can!

Via


I love the idea of adding a bright shoe to a jumpsuit for work or a date!

Via

Via
I love this and would wear it now with wedge ankle boots and a blazer on top. Then with sandals and a light cardigan in the summer to the office. Here's a similar style in all black that would be great for a larger chest than this model has, and here's a curve size one that's on sale!

A jumpsuit is an easy trend to incorporate into pieces you already have, like neutrals or blazers. Here's a gorgeous example of how that might look. 

Via
And just wait until I show off some of the summer playsuits that I found for us. They're divine. 

3 comments:

  1. I just got on the jumpsuit bus and I LOVE IT! I have a blocky figure (read: I am basically a brick) and I didn't think they would work because I don't have a waist but I was wrong! I just bought this one at Target and I love it!! http://www.target.com/p/short-sleeve-jumpsuit-black-mossimo/-/A-16453144#prodSlot=medium_1_1&term=jumpsuit It's casual but still a little dressy and I can wear it to work. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh fun!! Send me some pictures of how you wear it!!

      Delete
  2. I had a couple of jumpsuits in the eighties; can't decide if I want to try them again. I do like the black and white one.

    ReplyDelete