Wednesday, February 18, 2015

2015 Bathing Suit Trends: Cover Ups for All Shapes and Sizes

2015 Bathing Suit Trends: Cover Ups for All Shapes and Sizes

Via Title Nine

In my teens and 20s, the idea of a cover up never occurred to me. What else would you need by the pool or at the beach but a towel? Now, in my 30s, I love a good cover up. Not just because my life tends to lend itself more to going from one activity to the next, and not just because I'm more concerned about sun exposure (which I am), but also because I've realized how stylish they are. They're what makes an ok swimsuit feel special. 

Here are some of my favorites for you to consider!



If you're looking for more coverage, especially around the middle of your body, I love the printed, light fabric of the Macy's cover up (sizes 0x-3x) above, don't you? Also, these would dress up any old suit. 

Via
Via

Via

A simple scarf tied up around your waist or chest goes a long way. I love this print from Everything But Water, and it's on sale. Below, the perfect long pareo to tie up. It's expensive, but I bet we could replicate this with a piece of fabric or an extremely long scarf for cheaper.
Via
I love this convertible dress-skirt item from Land's End. It comes in a bright color and sizes XXS-XL. It can be worn as a skirt up high, folded down low, or as a dress. Love it.


Not into strapless? I also adore this maxi dress for a cover up that you can wear off the beach, too. And I think Asos Curve really nails it with this bold, graphic print that screams "Wear me in 2015!"

Via
Another tip for you to consider when you're thinking ahead to warm weather is to look around places like Marshalls and TJMaxx that might have light, flowing kimonos this time of year, or versatile pieces like thin hoodies that will be perfect for a night on the beach that might be on sale now as winter items.

No comments:

Post a Comment