Sunday, April 5, 2015

Ashes to Ashes, Dust to Dust

Ashes to Ashes, Dust to Dust

There was a beautiful old firehouse in Northern Virginia that was recently turned to dust, its location destined for a newer, more modern building. We dreamed that it would be turned into a much-needed breakfast spot, complete with fire pole. For years, we walked the dogs past it, and the firemen would come out to admire them. I felt sad to see it go and caught some pictures on the last day. 





 







Nothing makes me feel more like a local than that feeling you get when someone references "the firehouse," and a voice inside says "there used to be a grand old building there..."

2 comments:

  1. That makes me sad. I can't stand to see old buildings torn down. :-(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It made me sad, too! And wish we could have saved it and given it a new life!

      Delete