Monday, April 20, 2015

Rules to Break: Plus Size Boho

Rules to Break: Plus Size Boho

Have you noticed that almost every time you see bohemian chic it's on a stick skinny woman? I'm starting to feel like there's an unspoken rule that curvy women, including plus sizes, should not wear festival-inspired, boho chic. I even had a gorgeous, curvy client ask me the other day if she was "allowed" to wear a boho style. Of course!! 

So today I'm here to say that I'm thrilled about the trend toward breaking that ridiculous rule. A site that has incredible options is ModCloth, which I typically love for retro looks, but they've got so many amazing styles for this summer, too! 

Via
They also have
a fun gallery where women can post boho inspiration, which I think everyone should check out. I find it really useful to pull up sites like this and the gallery or just Pinterest while I'm getting dresses or even packing for a trip. Sometimes it helps me to remember the look that I'm going for to see how other women are rocking it. It can also be fun to post images that particularly speak to you on the back of your closet door or on a personal style vision board for yourself.

Here are a few favorites for plus size, laid back, boho summer style.

Via
I love this tshirt (or this tank!), especially with a long, flowing layer like this

Via
My general rules for a boho look? Layer short with long, layer on the jewelry, and then add a few more pieces (a hat, booties, more necklaces) on your way out the door. And no, ModCloth isn't a sponsor.

No comments:

Post a Comment