Tuesday, March 25, 2014

New Clients

New Clients

I have new styling clients this week! I'm so excited. I remember when I made these business cards wondering if I would ever have clients who I didn't share friends with. I dreamed that I would-and I can't really believe that I actually do. I have clients who are friends with clients this week and also clients who only know me through my blog-how cool is that?!


These past few weeks have been incredibly difficult for reasons I'm not comfortable sharing here, but just know that we have suffered an incredible loss and are still in mourning about it. But, one thing that has motivated me is knowing that I have in-person and virtual styling sessions set up for the coming weeks. I had other plans for April, May, and beyond, but now I am re-focused on my business. Thank you for bearing with me as I negotiated all of these changes.

When I think about the clients I'll meet in the next two weeks, I wonder what they've got hidden away in closets and drawers. What amazing items will we discover together? How are they really wanting to dress? How confident can they feel in their own skin? I love discovering the rules that women have in our heads about clothing ("you can't wear X with Y" or "I'm too XYZ to wear that") and then working them out, like a massage therapist working a kink on someone's shoulder. I love this work, can you tell?

I can't wait to get back to it. And I'll try to take better pictures for you all!

Also, are there any readers who have been thinking about contacting me for an in-person or virtual session but haven't because of the cost? Please email me if that's you, and we can work something out. Did you know that I often do barters?

-Ella

5 comments:

  1. I hope you are okay. I hear your voice every single time I get dressed. I recently found a very cute hanging purse with holes to put scarfs through at Bed, Bath & Beyond. I bought 2! Oh - and my daughter said Target has cardigans with bikes on them! I'm going shopping this weekend and then I'll make a dress to go with it. ;) g

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, doll. I love that purse idea! Send me a picture! And yes, the cardigans at Target are wonderful if you can find your size! Mine was picked dry.

      Delete
  2. You are in my thoughts and prayers. I hope you are ok.
    I'm looking forward to our session in a couple of weeks.
    Hugs!
    Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I'm looking forward to it, too!!

      Delete
  3. Love you babe! You constantly amaze and inspire me with your strength and resilience. Praying for you and here for HUGE hugs whenever you need them! I know there are good things up ahead. XOXO

    ReplyDelete