Thursday, March 6, 2014

You've Got To Give A Little

You've Got To Give A Little

Via
This time of year, many of us are thinking about giving something up. Sometimes my husband gives up Diet Coke, last year I started doing something positive instead of giving up, and today people at work are swearing off one food or another.

What about when it comes to clothing or style or fashion? 

What would it look like if you stopped _______________?

Stopped wearing black for a month?
Stopped criticizing yourself for a month? Started talking to your own reflection like you would talk to a dear friend instead?
Stopped wearing pants for a month-and pulled out your favorite dresses or skirts?
Stopped straightening your hair-and wore your hair with its natural consistency?
Stopped wearing anything uncomfortable- and wore only things that nurtured and held you?
Stopped hiding behind your clothing- and started revealing yourself?
Stopped dressing for someone else- and started wearing what you like?
Stopped dressing like everyone else- and started wearing what you want to instead?
Stopped wearing things more than once a week- and started wearing more of what you have hidden away?

Who could you become after a month?

1 comment:

  1. I've been on that journey to wear what I like instead of what someone else expects! It's a little hard when as a twin, we were dressed alike and then people think we like the same styles. :) I have to be careful not to let my twin influence me...what looks good on her doesn't necessarily look good on me. We are not identical but even if we were, I would want my own identity!

    ReplyDelete