Thursday, March 20, 2014

What to Buy or Pull Out Now For Spring/Summer (Polished Picks)

What to Buy or Pull Out Now For Spring/Summer (Polished Picks)

Dresses, dresses, dresses!

Via the Gap
There are so many great dresses out there right now! And you might even have some in your closet! Pull out something printed and happy and layer it up with a button down underneath or a cardigan on top, then toss on a belt for your third thing. In a few short weeks (months?) you'll wear it without anything underneath it, or (let's be honest) you'll layer on a summer blazer since the AC in the office will be -15.

Via H&M
Via Asos

Interesting Prints on the Bottom

Everywhere you look this season there are fabulous pants and skirts with prints on them. Look into your closet and see if you might have something similar. If not, be sure to pick up a pair that will go with basic tops and button downs. I love these from Asos.


Via Asos

Chinos-cringe!

I'm not cringing at the pants themselves but at the word. For some reason that one really gets me! Chee-nos. I don't know, maybe it's just me? Let's call them something else. Khakis? But they're not khaki colored...Hmm. Well, regardless, these pants are versatile and could easily have been included in yesterday's casual picks. You might already have some in your closet, and now is the time to pull them out!
 
Via H&M
I don't know why she's wearing those chunky heels, but you could wear these on the weekend with sneakers or slip ons or to work with a wedge or even a heel. Roll up the leg to show at least your ankle bone.

Via the Gap

Bright Shoes

Nothing makes me feel more like spring is coming than wearing something bright. Yesterday I talked about my penchant for bright t-shirts in the spring, and today you should know that it extends to bright shoes, too! I love the vintage touches on these combined with the bright color. 
Via Zappos
The ones above are expensive but good quality. For a cheaper version, I love these from Modcloth.

Looking over my picks, I'm apparently really into black and whites right now with pops of color. A good idea for your spring picks might be to take a quick look through a magazine or even Pinterest and then take stock of what you're liking. Maybe you're into tribal or animal prints? Perhaps you're a purple lady? Have fun with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment