Thursday, October 23, 2014

Fall Finds: Plaid, Fall Skirts, Capes, and Wool Panama Hats

Fall Finds: Plaid, Fall Skirts, Capes, and Wool Panama Hats

Since coming back from the perfect summer weather of New Orleans, it feels like fall is officially really here. I found myself feeling a little unprepared, did you? I went from wearing a few fall things to suddenly needing an extra layer in the mornings and even later. 

I've gotten many requests for personal shopping so I know lots of you are panicking about not having the clothes you want to be wearing for fall. Here's my thought: look through your clothes to see if you already have some fall basics, the things that are in style every fall. If not, I've got some affordable ideas for you. But don't feel like you need an entirely new wardrobe every season-that can get very expensive! Instead, look for basics that last year to year and top them off with a few fun pieces. 

Via

Plaid. My husband's reaction to a new plaid shirt the other day was to say "don't you already have that one?" I panicked for a minute thinking that I might have actually bought two of the same shirt. Silly guy! What he meant was that I had another plaid shirt. A few other ones more accurately. If your collection could use another plaid shirt for fall, I love this one with decorated shoulders or this just-long-enough Buffalo plaid. 

Skirts and Tights. An easy way to transition to fall is by adding tights. I say that because we all know that-but sometimes in looking through my clothes I forget the basics. An outfit like this is perfect for fall, and all it is is layered basics in the same color scheme. 

Via
Looking for a work appropriate version of this wool skirt? Try Eddie Bauer's. 

Via
Something old, something new (or vintage?). Chambray has slowly made its way out of being incredibly popular, but most of us still have a denim shirt. Try pairing it with something more of-the-moment like a plaid cape. From new to vintage, capes are everywhere this year-and you might even have one in your closet! 

Via
Fall hats. Speaking of trendy, an easy way to feel extra fallish this season is with a hat. The wool Panama is an easy way to do it, but I do recommend that you try this on to see how it suits you. I've yet to find one that didn't feel too huge for my head, even though strangely I had a straw Panama that I loved. Try it with your hair down, hair in a side bun, in braids, etc. to see if changing that can make one of these hats work for you. You'll find them all over, including Nasty Gal, Sole Society, Asos, and beyond. I've seen them at those random kiosks at train stations and even airports so keep your eyes open. 


No comments:

Post a Comment