Thursday, January 23, 2014

Orchid and Black

Orchid and Black

A bit ago, I talked about orchid, Pantone's 2014 color of the year. This weekend, many of the guests at the baby shower I co-hosted were wearing this color, including a friend's adorable baby! I love how versatile this color is, and I also love it with my favorite color: black. I don't typically wear pinks, especially light pinks, but this version of a pink is so rich that I think even those of us who are truly devoted to black could warm up to this color.

My nails this year for the trip we took to Manayunk to celebrate my Halloween birthday!

An orchid door in Manayunk.

I stepped inside this fashion truck and bought, you guessed it, a black sweater.

I love orchid as a top with black pants, in a blazer with all winter white underneath it, and even in a sweater or scarf with your favorite pair of jeans. Why not give it a try? I might...I really might! I'm not typically a pink wearer, but this deeper hue could be my way in. Now that I think of it, the only pink thing I own is a bright pink pair of pants! I'm wearing them in the photo of me on the righthand side of my blog! I'm in, guys, I'm in.

If you want more inspiration, check out my Orchid-themed Pinterest board here for more inspiration on deep pink and its sister colors.


No comments:

Post a Comment