Friday, June 6, 2014

3 Black and White Outfits to Wear to an Outdoor Concert

3 Black and White Outfits to Wear to an Outdoor Concert

On Friday we're going to see a local band called Gonzo's Nose perform in Northern VA with two of our closest friends and their adorable baby. His headphones are packed, and he's ready to go! I, of course, was thinking about what to wear. In the past, I've attended similar events in whatever I was wearing during the day. Since I work at home on Fridays, that usually meant cutoff shorts and a comfy v-neck tshirt.

But, I'm often chilly after the sun goes down, and wearing my husband's hoodie after dark isn't really the fashion statement I'd like to make. Here are my thoughts for easy, cute outfit combinations if you're headed out to an outside event that will last after dark this early summer.

Maxi Dress + Straw Hat + Black & White Accessories





I like this particular combination (via Polyvore) because it's easy and, of course, because of the stripes. Pick a maxi dress (or skirt/top combo) from your closet, then look around for accessories that match the colors of the dress. If you're not into my black and white scheme, you can do this easily with color, too. See how that's what's happening in this outfit below, too?


I love to wear a maxi dress to a concert because I can sit on the blanket or in a festival chair without worrying that my skirt will ride up, and I find the extra warmth on my legs at night to be notable. A nice light scarf can sit in your bag until the sun goes down. I actually prefer a scarf that's not an infinity so that I can wrap it around my shoulders if I'm really chilly.

Denim Shirt + Black & White Pattern



I love the idea of last fall's denim shirt pulled out of your bag when the sun sets and put over the perfect flowy daytime tank top. If it's going to be quite hot during the day, the skinny jeans above could easily be shorts. If you want to mix patterns (easy to do with black and white dots!), JCrew has some fun patterns (sizes 00-16) this season (love those sailboats!) as does Loft  (sizes 00-14).  I love this paisley print and the longer length!

Black & White + A Pop of Color



It's a classic combination for an easy reason-it works! I love the print on these shorts (sizes 14-24 available) and the graphic t-shirt tucked in, and the bag! Ok, I love it all. To go with an option that could get warmer as the night goes on, though, you could swap out the yellow bag for a yellow blazer or layer a kimono in black or white and then stick with the bright accessory. 

I love the idea of this midi kimono over shorts.


What are your weekend plans? I'm hoping to hit the farmer's market in the morning and then see a movie on our outdoor screen my husband built last year on Saturday. And, of course, our summer search for places where our Bernese Mountain Dog Jaxon, the one who loves to be wet, can swim.



No comments:

Post a Comment