Thursday, June 12, 2014

Updating a Chambray Shirt

Updating a Chambray Shirt

Wow. I really love this image for so many reasons. The bike, the basket, the hair, the proportions of the shirt tied up (almost a crop top!) and the full skirt that seems like she's going to ride a bike in. I want to be her friend, basically. Let's go ride bikes!


This picture is from 2011 at the height of the long-sleeved denim shirt. Here's how I think we can upgrade this vibe at home.
If you want to wear yours still, go for it. It's a classic that never goes out of style. If, on the other hand, you're tired of your long sleeved chambray top (or if it's too hot where you live for that right now), you can easily sub in a different top while maintaining the casual vibe it gives.

For denim, I always turn to Madewell because they do it the best. (See how I didn't say they make it well there?) I love the idea of this denim top over a full shirt. I think your back would show as you ride your bike, and you wouldn't even mind. If you would, layer a tank underneath.


Or what about this beauty? You could even wear it to work with a slick pencil skirt or the full skirt and fancier shoes!

Add a full shirt in a solid or a pattern, throw on your favorite comfortable shoes, and let's hit the road!


No comments:

Post a Comment