Monday, June 30, 2014

Monday Style Blog Roundup

Monday Style Blog Roundup

I'm thinking of starting a new feature where I'll highlight other bloggers who write about personal style. There are so many great ones out there, and I'm always wishing we could sit down over a glass of iced mint tea and look at them together.


Last week, the always gorgeous Fifty, Not Frumpy showed off this easy, polished, ageless outfit. I was struggling to pick something to wear out to dinner with my husband and two friends we met years ago who have just moved to town. This would have been perfect!




I can't seem to save the image, but I loved this interaction on Curvy is the New Black (whose profile reads "I'm Karla Soltero a full figured lady trying to fit in a petite world. Born in El Paso,Tx raised in Cd. Juarez, Chih. MX English isn't my first language. Es EspaƱol" this week:

Anonymous: Would you say a UK size 10 (US 6) is fat/thick/chubby?? :) 

I would say is perfect
It could have been any size she'd asked about. I love it.

I'm a sucker for all black, even in the summer, and I loved this look from Lilly Style. Adding a pop of color to all black is fun, but I loved how she carried the color family of the shoes into her bag and lipstick.



 Modern Hepburn shared this image last week, and it reminded me of something I love about personal style. I love noticing the things that women do, and I love letting them know that I notice them. I love seeing that a co-worker has a pair of shoes on that she's thrilled you notice or a friend who wears a favorite, cozy t-shirt to meet you for a drink. I love knowing how good she feels in it.  I want to carry around little cards that say "I see you. And you're beautiful."



Brit&Co recently wrote about Sizeable's choice to feature models of a few different shapes and sizes on their website so that we, the consumer, can see how things might look on a woman built similarly to us instead of the one-size-fits-all approach of many (most) websites. It's not all-inclusive, but it's a good start! It's about time, don't ya think? I'd never even shopped at Sizeable, but this made me open up their site just to support this idea! Next up? I'd love to see models of a variety of ages, too.



And, finally, a shout out to Ain't No Mom Jeans. I hate the phrase "keeping it real" because it implies, somehow, that otherwise you're faking it, but this photo kept.it.real. Just after a series of red, white, and blue pictures that looked like they could have been in a magazine, there was this one. I loved it.


What do you think? Are you feeling the roundup idea? Let me know!

1 comment: