Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Two Rules for Wearing a Crop Top After 30 or Would You Wear A Crop Top?

Two Rules for Wearing a Crop Top After 30 or Would You Wear A Crop Top?


Image via
Originally, I thought I'd write a post on "How to Wear a Crop Top." And then I started adding caveats like If You Don't Have a 6 Pack or If You're Not 21 Anymore. Then it was a question: Can Adult Women Wear Crop Tops? Here's the thing-I'm not sure. I haven't worn one since I was under 21, likely under 18. And after doing some online research, I'm not sure that I'm into the look as hard as I look.


So here's my question: would you wear one? If so, how?




Image via
If you look around for crop top outfit inspiration, it's primarily stick skinny, young women baring it all. Throughout this post, I've shared a few images that I find much more appealing on the other side of thirty, but let me tell you, it's slim pickings. This may be a trend that has passed me by, but I've honed in on a few tips if you try one.

Via


1. Don't show your belly button. 
2. Wear flats, pants, a maxi skirt and/or long sleeves. Something needs to be covered up and feeling more funky than, well, slutty naked. 


That's it! Two rules. I think I might try this with a shirt tied up like we used to do back in the day. That way, if I hate it, I haven't purchased a silly crop top that I'll never wear again!

But, what about this concept, which combines the carefree feeling of a crop top with some actual, you know, stomach coverage? I may be on to something...

Via Anthropologie
Not that into the stripes around your midsection? Try one of the different prints. 


2 comments:

  1. No, I wouldn't. Something along the lines of the last one though would be ok.

    ReplyDelete