Monday, August 26, 2013

Joint Shopping Trip & Tips

Joint Shopping Trip & Tips

What a fun day. I've got the biggest smile on my face, and it hasn't budged for hours. This morning I spent about three hours with my dear friend and coworker as she found freedom in clothing. I know that sounds dramatic, but it's really what happened! Instead of feeling stuck in all of the old rules she'd made for herself (only things that match go together, or, no horizontal stripes), by the end of our time together she felt free to mix and match, to layer, and to play with clothing.

I was a bad blogger and didn't take many pictures, but between the BB cream at Origins and the blue/white stripes paired with blue/white polka dots under a tan military jacket with the sleeves pushed up, the smile on her face went on for days. She was thrilled to try on pieces that followed some basic tips for creating a wardrobe that is easy to wear-and looks stylish, too.

Like many woman, she rarely makes time for herself. I was so honored to be a part of this time today, and thrilled to see the variety of styles that she ended up buying! We joked that she finally put herself on her own "To Do" list. And the results were magical. Look out, world.

Email me (startclosein(at)gmail.com) if you'd like to take me shopping with you, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment