Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Glasses Inspiration

Glasses Inspiration

via

I'm working with a client this month who wears amazing glasses, and it's got me really excited about styling with glasses. I love how they frame the face, and I especially love a darker set! When I was little, I used to want glasses (and braces) more than anything. When my eyes hurt after my first computer classes and I had to go to get them checked, I was thrilled. Glasses! But it wasn't meant to be for me then. Even now that I have glasses (for a twitchy law school-induced astigmatism eye), I don't often wear them. Hmmm...might need to remedy that.



via
via
I'm excited to show you some of what we're working on together once our session is over. Here's what she booked me for during Personal Pricing in October:
One virtual session where I'll check out her clothes and set her up with TONS of new outfits to wear for her everyday life-as well as an unusual, gorgeous outfit for the wedding weekend she has coming up!

I also typically throw in a Pinterest inspiration board for clients and send them deals on clothes that I find in the weeks following our time together at no charge.
P.S. I don't ask for personal pricing upfront. Instead, clients send me a check within a week for whatever amount you've decided on. But, this client let me know that she has $25 to spend. Typically, virtual sessions are 1.5 hours, but we've booked two hours to include time for the "special event" styling.
So for $25, she'll get about 2 hours with me-and what clients have described as "a whole new way of looking at the clothes I already have!" In other words, "It's like shopping  without spending all the time and money!"

P.S. 

I loved what Love Always Hannah had to say about glasses, didn't you? Also, The Girls With Glasses had a cute, light message for little girls with glasses.

6 comments:

  1. I'll bet you wanted curly hair too! I would have traded you if you'd asked! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of COURSE! I didn't think it was fair that my dad had curls and just chopped them all off!

      Delete
  2. Oh my goodness... I want to get my hands on a pair of those sparkly glasses so bad! They didn't list where they are from!!!!! Great post today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet they DIY'd them! Plastic glasses brushed with glue and dipped in glitter, I'd bet. Let's make some!

      Delete
  3. I wanted to wear glasses and have braces too! I actually faked an eye exam as a kid so I could get glasses! Terrible! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to bang my teeth on things to get braces! Not sure how I thought that would work, but I did!

      Delete