Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Three Steps to Drastically Longer Lashes

Three Steps to Drastically Longer Lashes

I have a secret: I've been holding out on you. I have discovered a great, easy mascara trick. I'll let the pictures show you the difference.

Before: No mascara



 After the Three Steps


Ignoring for a moment how creepy it is to see my eyes that close, can you see the difference? I have no other makeup on in either of these shots. Here's what to do:

1. Apply your mascara as you normally do-one or two coats. If I'm spending money, I still love DiorShow. If I'm not, I love Maybelline Volum' Express The Falsies. Both waterproof always because I use a lot of under eye concealer, and the regular stuff runs or flakes.

2. Wait at least twenty minutes and then apply a second coat. The way I do this is by keeping a tube of the same mascara in the console of my car. I do my makeup and drive to work. In the parking lot, I apply my second coat. It makes a HUGE difference in the length of my lashes. It worked even better in the summer when the mascara was warm so feel free to hold the tube in front of your heater for a few seconds before applying the second coat.  You could keep a second tube at your desk if you take public transit or in a second room of your house if you work at home or are a stay-at-home mom.

3. Bask in the glory of your new, longer lashes.




No comments:

Post a Comment