Monday, September 8, 2014

4 Ways to Wear An Oversized Scarf

4 Ways to Wear An Oversized Scarf

The other night, I met up with a new blogger friend who also lives in Northern Virginia. Beforehand, I did some window shopping at Anthropologie and ended up buying yet another scarf. I'll deny it if my husband asks me directly if I bought it, though. He has this crazy idea that I have enough scarves! Is that even a thing? Enough scarves...what a nut!

I think a dual sided scarf is a brilliant idea for fall for all of us because, really, it's two scarves in one! Tie it loosely around your neck with a basic like a white button down, letting one side show more than the other. 


Ok, so I'm wearing my sunglasses here because I felt like I looked tired. Bear with me-I got over it in a few shots below. These next two are very similar ways to tie a scarf, but the top one is looser.  Put one end of the scarf around your neck, then wrap the rest of the scarf around your head and tie it in front.

Here, I turned the scarf as I wrapped it around my neck, making it tighter. I'd normally tuck the tag in or be sure to tie it on the other end so the tag didn't show.


This next one is perhaps my favorite thing to do with an oversized scarf: wrap it around yourself by putting one corner on your shoulder, then throw the other edge of the scarf over the other shoulder. You can pin the shoulder if you want it to stay, but I don't usually. This can take a boring or plain dress or outfit to a fancy level for a wedding or chilly indoor function.


That's it! I hope you have some scarves in your life that you can take out and play with, too! 
Don't forget your sunglasses!

1 comment:

  1. Haha, you're so cute! I have scarves I seldom get to wear...maybe for our trip. Someday we'll have a cold winter. :D
    We need to set up a time...what works for you?
    :o)
    Cecilia

    ReplyDelete